Planning an event?

Alcohol licensing

You'll need a couple of weeks up your sleeve to get this sorted

Alcohol licensing

If you're selling alcohol over a bar, by ticketing, or where the cost of the alcohol is included in the pre-sold ticket price or sponsorship package, a special alcohol licence is required. This is non-negotiable.

Also be aware that some public spaces have liquor bans at certain times and some venues have licenses so make sure you ask around to ensure you’ve covered for what’s required.

Make sure you allow at least 20 working days for your special alcohol application to be processed before your event date. There are costs involved in making a special licence application.

Head to Council’s Alcohol Licensing page to start the process or contact Council’s Environmental Services team on 0800 924 723 to have a chat about what you need.